One Bedroom Villa Sleeps 2
Arethusa cottage sits on the side of a wooded valley, just a 15-minute stroll from beautiful Dexa Beach, famed for its Blue Flag status and, according to legend, for welcoming Odysseus back to the island following the Trojan War.
This idyllic spot is a perfect venue to recline in the shade of an olive tree with a book, bathe or snorkel in Ithaca’s celebrated waters and enjoy a cooling drink at the simple beach bar as you marvel at the view. For a slightly more dynamic take on island life, Ithaca’s charming capital Vathy is a five-minute drive from the cottage. Here you’ll find a good selection of shops and a wealth of excellent tavernas, bars and cafés lining the pretty harbour.
Arethusa cottage is just for two and the open-plan living area with mezzanine bedroom above is perfect for a romantic escape. Though modest in scale, the cottage enjoys a charming setting and the pretty garden, private pool and terrace ensure that island living is just as relaxing as you could wish it to be. There are some self-guided walks nearby and a stroll up to the ancient village of Paleochora is a must; Ithaca’s capital in the Middle Ages, it enjoys fabulous views south across the island and some of the old frescoes are still visible in the ruins of the church. Guided walks can also be arranged, along with self-drive boat hire, kayaking and scuba diving, on request.
Amalathia Villa is located adjacent and is ideal for guests looking to travel together yet wishing to have their own independence
- Shop/bakery 5min drive
- Vathy 5min drive
- Dexa beach 15min walk/5min drive
Places of interest
- Explores numerous bays and coves from a few minutes drive
What is included
- Air conditioning
- House Keeper
- Kefalonia airport to Sami port by private taxi or minibus 50min
- Waiting time at Sami port is usually short at the port café
- Sami port to Ithaca (Pisaetos) by sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take 40-50 minutes
- The above are available at a supplement - please let us know if you require any further details